THE TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through your use of our website, when you contact or request information from us, when you engage our services or as a result of your relationship with one or more of our staff and clients.
The personal information that we process includes:
- Basic information, such as your name (including name prefix or title), the company you work for, your title or position and your relationship to a person
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and phone number(s)
- Financial information, such as payment-related information
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or applications or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information provided by you or collected as part of our business acceptance processes
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing services to them, which may include special categories of data
- Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
HOW THE DATA IS COLLECTED
A number of facilities on our website invite you to provide us with personal information, such as the contact page section of our website and our email queries facilities. The purpose of these facilities is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes.
Our website uses Goggle Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us to improve it. Goggle Analytics does this by placing small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device. The information that the cookies collect, such as the number of visitors to the site, the pages visited and the length of time spent on the site, is aggregated and therefore anonymous. Please also see ‘Marketing and other emails’ below.
Our website has the Facebook pixel installed which we use to create marketing profiles of the kind of clients we love the most.
WHERE AND HOW THE DATA IS STORED
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorised transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to our processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out above (see ‘How we use your personal information’) or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
WHETHER THE DATA IS SHARED WITH ANY OTHER PARTIES
We may also share your personal information with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors
- IT service providers
Where necessary, or for the reasons set out in this policy, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. While it is unlikely, we may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
We would never sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.